Thursday, March 11, 2010

Be Strong, Be Intelligent and Smile

At 33 weeks, I was so sleep deprived; tossing and turning with unbearable discomfort throughout the night. The bed could accommodate only me. Throw cushions were all around – two on the side, a few more at the edge and not counting the piles of pillows needed to support my aching back. The bed resembled a war zone of pillows. And at week 34, I had thrown out my sleeping partner. Too bad, but I think he somewhat willingly did so. One zombie in the house was enough; he had no intentions of adding on to the number.

Results from my last check up had caused more worry. DrH told me that that my baby was still in the butt first position. My heart sank at the news. I had hoped for the baby to turn, but apparently she wasn’t listening to Mommy’s telepathic pleas. I hadn’t the faintest idea of what to expect with a C-section as the other two children were normal. Thoughts of being cut opened gave me the creeps.

My labour was intensive; almost forgot how to do the pushing. Mana tak nye, the last time I made my appearance before DrH was like eight years ago. Machines and wires were every where. I remember looking at the monitor, and not at all amused by the chart plotting my contractions. Each time the graph showed a spike I went berserk – grabbing the gas mask, piercing Abe’s arms, calling names at the nurses when they were slow at giving me my shot of pain killers. Even with that shot, the pain was urgghhhhhh……..

Anyway, after some serious and intense huffin’, puffin’ and pushing (and a few screams too!!), sometime around 6.30am, Nissa Maisarah was born. She was long and weighed almost 4kg. When DrH placed her in my arms, this bundle of joy gave her first smile, and just like that the agony from the wait and pain was gone. The rest I could vaguely recall. Tau-tau dah in the room, and the nurses just couldn’t wait to pass the baby to me to breast feed (in the end tak breast feed pun coz had problems in the milky dept).

Nine years ago, that was how it happened.


Happy birthday dear Nissa….

Believe in magic and wish on stars. Dance, laugh, cry, and sing when you want to. Make faces. Play with lumpur and lopak. Pet rabbits, hold kittens, and talk to babies. Love and trust and be compassionate. Be strong. Be intelligent. Smile.

No matter how many birthdays come and go, you'll always be our little girl. May each of your days be filled with joy and sweet surprises.

More of Nissa's stories here and here.

22 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

I was shocked for a second....33 weeks? Kay?
THEN I saw the young lady's portrait. Phew!
Happy Birthday, Nissa. All the best in your studies and stay cute always.

kay_leeda said...

Ha..ha...gotcha Naz!! Nope no nothing in the oven, except for the cookies bakes earlier.

Birthday girl is already in wonderland. Esok school lah...and birthday celebration will have to wait too coz Mommy is going camping over the weekend. Tapi present dah dapat....so Nissa cakap, Nissa tak kesahhh :D

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kakak Nissa!!!!!

From Ainul.

tireless mom said...

Happy birthday Nissa. Bila nak celebrate with Alina and Alim? School hols is just next week. We can P A R T Y Y Y !

Kak Ezza@makcik Blogger said...

Acik suka tengok Nissa smile...macam baby.....

Happy birthday Nissa..
dapat hadiah tuching tu ker.....

mamasita said...

Happy Birthday Nissa..yess..you are the baby of the family..so cute and manja..always the apple of mummy's specs!

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

Happy Birthday Nissa!

Tommy Yewfigure said...

Happy Birthday Nissa & many happy returns! Always be a good girl & listen to mummy - SHE'S ALWAYS RIGHT!!..kekeke...but if u need any new toys, go see Daddys aka Mr CAN DO :))

Best regards,

Unker Tommy, oops should be uncle lah!

Nurfariha Aliah Shah Fiesal said...

happy birthday nissa maisarah!

Kama At-Tarawis said...

happy birthday, sweetie!

N.M.Z 김 적 라 said...

Dear Aunty Aida & Ainul,

Thank you for your wishes. When are you coming to my house again Ainul?My cats are bigger now & we can play with them :)

N.M.Z 김 적 라 said...

Dear Aunty@Kinrara,

I will ask mama if I can come over during school holidays. Dah lama tak jumpa Alina & Alim.I miss them.

Thanks 4 the birthday wishes.

N.M.Z 김 적 라 said...

Dear Acik Ezza,

Orang kata senyum saya macam kakak Farah & Daddy. No I didn't get the Benggal tabby but Mama allowed me to keep another stray cat.

Thanks 4 wishing me happy birthday :)

N.M.Z 김 적 라 said...

Dear Aunty Mamasita,

Cute? Thank you :)

Thanks 4 your wishes too :)

N.M.Z 김 적 라 said...

Dear Aunty Gina,

Thank u....Thank u....Thank u. :)

N.M.Z 김 적 라 said...

Dear Uncle Tommy,

I always listen to my mommy lar. If not she can be so garang. She is the 1 who asked me to reply all the comments here. Thank u...Thank u... Thank u 4 your wishes :)

N.M.Z 김 적 라 said...

Dear Kak Ya,

Thank u from the bottom of my heart & spectacles..heh...heh :)

N.M.Z 김 적 라 said...

Dear Aunty Kama,

Thank you Aunty 4 your wishes :)

N.M.Z 김 적 라 said...

Dear Aunty Naz,

You were the first to wish me. A big hug goes to you :)

Tommy Yewfigure said...

Hi Nissa, how come u r not in bed yet :))) Ya right your mummy 'ASKED'u to reply one. U so clever, so young already so diplomatic. Sure got bright future!

Best Regards,
Uncle Tommy

P/S - Mummy garang, betul or not? :)

kay_leeda said...

Dear Unker Tommy,

Yarrr...birthday gurl kena dera by Mommy!!! Anyway, she's still no asleep yet, still enjoying the last few minutes of her new day with her abang & kakak downstairs :) Kasi chance lah rite...

Diplomatic?? Takes after the after Mommy lah, who else..heh..heh :D
And without any doubt, she's also garang like Mommy!!

kay_leeda said...

Dear All,

Thank you for your kind wishes. Birthday girl is very happy today :)

May God bless everyone and have a good weekend.