Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hot...Hot...Hot

What happened today was unexplainable, but I shall try gather my words somehow. Indeed, it was another hot day today. Arrived at the office and it felt like walking into the sauna. I rushed like mad only to be greeted by the heat!! Haiissshhhh…tak sampai workstation dah hangat?? How to last till 6.00pm nih??


Anyway, heat or no heat, life goes on, my earlier scheduled meeting still took place. Thank God Mr Chairman decided to K.I.S.S this morning. If not lagi ramai lah yang hangat, both inside and outside. I survived the meeting, but head was already feeling light. Macam stoned je….panas weh…panas!! When I checked with my budak-budak, they told me, “Air cond lambat start today, Puan coz something wrong with the pipe.”

What the beep…beep lah?? A couple of weeks back, the basement parking was all wet and we wondered why. Desas desus liar mengatakan, pipe bocor. Oh…okay lah…what ever… Dept A said that Dept B was responsible. Dept B said it was A’s wrong doing. Macam little kids je finger pointing at each other.

And today it was the air cond. The maintenance team had better be on their double if they didn’t want to be listening to angry one-liners coming from wargakerja of the top five floors. Cheh…they all ni macam tau-tau je nak dera siapa coz on my floor – 14 and 15, are where the bosses are seated. I told one of the secretaries that if next time they wanna do concept santai tepi pantai kat office ni bagi tau awal-awal, boleh I mai office free hair je. Pakai seluar pendek and baby tee je…Hissshhh…kalau tak get my drift jugak, tak tau lah kan. Tetiba je Mak Aji ni mai dgn baju singlet!! Ohhh…tak ke haru?? Harus after that, email-email yang hot…hot…hot akan berterbangan!

Anyway, the air cond was up by 11.00am. I told my boss I’d give it till noon and if there was still no cool drift blowing in, that’s it, I’m heading home to continue working in a more pleasant atmosphere. Nasib baik jugak tak balik….coz for sure work entah ke mana, silap-silap lena :D

All the excitement must have caused havoc to my system. All of a sudden I craved for sugar and those chocolate chip cookies were so much in my mind. Tiba-tiba je rasa nak do some baking, nak bake cookies. Just before I walked into the elevator, I called Farah to go get ingredients for my baking.

I got home late, like always, but the burning desire to bake was still flaming. Both Farah and I teamed up and started work on my sugar fancy right away.


And here’s the result after sweating it out in the kitchen just now. I had almonds, choc chips, M&Ms and the arabian tema all mixed together. Orang kata it’s not good to snack before going to bed. But heck lah them calories…. I’ll shed it out during my morning walk tomorrow.

14 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

You deserve it, Kay!
geram geram geram...ngap choc cookies satu lagi...haha!

kay_leeda said...

Naz,

By the time I finished baking the kids are already asleep. Yg tinggal Mommy dia melayan "Sex in the City" and a plateful of cookies. Dah setengah I kerja kan...

Will hv to walk 10 mins extra tomorrow morning lah nampak nyer ni!!

Kak Ezza@makcik Blogger said...

patut lah bau harum kat FB...ada orang buat choc chip rupa nyerrr

mamasita said...

Kay..ini dipanggil sweet positive thinking..lepaskan geram dengan baking delicious chocolate chip cookies..you really gave your geng at home a real treat!!

Luckily the air-con problem is not often..otherwise everybody at home gomok2!!

Kama At-Tarawis said...

isy, you tak boleh marah-marah macam ni selalu, kay. marah.. ngap choc chip cookie, marah.. ngap choc chip cookie.. takut sat lagi bila marah aja graduate to choc cake dan yg sewaktu dgnnya pulak.. dahla u tu cenonet comel lote, kalau gemuk jadi rolypoly macam humpty dumpty tau..oohhh tidaakk!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Yummm... nice... Rumah kita dekat Kak Kay... awat tak baling setin-dua ?

Tommy Yewfigure said...

How can u think of baking in Hot weather, crazeee ka u? What about ice lemon tea, ice ching chau, banana split with chocolate chip ice-cream mah…hehehe. Coke float is another good one!

Hmmmm deep fried ice cream comes to mind too, washed down with young coconut juice.

Anyway, stay cool & chill my dear, don’t ever lose your temper ha (quite easily in hot weather..kekeke).

Tommy

P/S – My standard lunch in hot weather – Cucumber sandwich with Greek Salad + Choc milk.

kay_leeda said...

Kak Ezza,

Ohh...sungguh kuat lah deria bau FB itu iyer *wink* Sangatlah clear jugak gambar choc chips tu di FB kan..heh...heh. Nnati kalu saya buat lg...saya calling-calling eh :)

kay_leeda said...

Dear Mamasita,

There are times when I really needed to let out steam, but there was no chance of doing so. Kira frust je and simpan dalam. Last night tu kira balas dendam lah. So if you hear me slogging in the kitchen more than my usual dosage, you can imagine the mammoth of stress within me lah kan :)

Anyway, those sugar telah di distributed to children's kawan-kawan. No way i'm gonna end up gumoks alone..heh..heh :)

kay_leeda said...

Dear Kak Puteri,

Iyer lah kan...marah yg membuatkan pertambahan di pinggang dan di tempat-tempat strategic!!

But I was smart (ehemmm...masuk bakul kan...), I didn't eat all them cookies sorang-sorang. The kids & friends had a sugary day today! Even Faris brought some for his supervisor at his practical place. Kalu tak dpt good marks tak tau lah. Mommy dah siap-siap kaw-tim :D

kay_leeda said...

Cik Puan Kamil,

Kalu I siap se-tin dua, alamat nyer I dah tergolek-golek kepanasan dan mempunyai tahap STRESS yg tegar. With all that, am not sure if I could still walk straight..heh..heh :)

kay_leeda said...

Dear Tommy,

Coke float is as sinful as the cookies!! I long for a bowl of chendol actually, but I drag having to drive out for one.

Yes...things have been pretty crazee on my end. Heat, work...such a good combination huh? But worries, I pretty much got things under control.

p/s Yummyyy that sandwich sounds really great. I'm a leafy person too, you know :)

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Kay,
Kita nak join-lah yg santai santai di tepi pantai tu, pakai bermuda pants and baby tee....wooohooo! sexy....
Brad nak mintak cookies sikit, boleh? purrr....meow!

kay_leeda said...

Dear CatIS,

Tak salah kan if cats & org jadik sexy-sexy!! Make headlines we will...LOL. But must keep the paparazzi at bay!!

Nak cookies...bolehhhh :) Mai semua dtg rumah :) :)