Thursday, March 4, 2010

Forgive and Forget

Each year on the last day of February, visual flashes of a long lost friend comes to mind. Most often than not, I reflect upon myself, the "what if's" - would they provide solutions and life calculations like a computable mathematical equation.

And I often wonder if our routes had been different, would our paths cross? I wonder too if the whirlpool of despair would be less painful, had we compromised friendship with alternates. Most of all, I wonder if we could ever forgive and forget?

There's just silence now, no conversation, no smiles, no laughter, no reaching out. Perhaps it's just best that way.

Happy Birthday dear friend...where ever you are, where ever you may be.

8 comments:

Kama At-Tarawis said...

oh dear, this is just so so sad..

NanaDJ said...

Yes Kay, it is sad isn't it. But one must move on and perhaps one day the path may cross again and maturity together with time may hopefully erase the pain and mend the broken friendship.

mamasita said...

Whoever your dear friend is, I think he/she is lamenting and sad too.

Though its hard, its always better to quietly cry and move on..

kay_leeda said...

Dear Kak Puteri,

Yes, sad indeed. Some things are just not meant to be. Life goes on.

kay_leeda said...

Dear NanaDJ,

Actually there is nothing more to work on. Past is past, and that's how it's going to be. I don't want to feel bad, and neither do I want my friend to have any remorse feelings or thoughts. Life is too short for all these.

kay_leeda said...

Dear Mamasita,

I have stopped crying and perhaps I have stopped caring too. There is just so much more in life than just sitting down and feeling bad about the past.

Tommy Yewfigure said...

Hi Kay,

Well done, look back & remember the happy moments & move on; no point hurting yourself & get stuck in the past!

I'm sure that u r happy today with your kids & Abe the builder around, no doubt a hunk of a handyman too (to mend a broken heart says James Taylor, lorrr :)))

Cheers & happy tots!
Tommy

kay_leeda said...

Dear Tommy,

I am surprised...you sure know how to read between the lines (and pretty accurate too!)

I have moved on a long time ago. Wouldn't trade what I have now with anything. Broken heart?? With the mountainous work I have, I'd be lucky if I can find my heart..heh..heh :D