Monday, January 7, 2008

A Baby No More

Nissa, my youngest started "real" school last week. She was in playschool the last 2 years and in kindergarten last year. So this year she starts Year 1 in a school not far from home.

She will be seven this March. Where has the time gone? Every time her birthday rolls around, I reminisce about the day I got to know I was pregnant of her. After many years of trying to conceive, I sort of gave up on trying to get pregnant. I remember having this conversation with a friend. "Aku rasa aku ni dah mandul kot...after having 2 kids." And we laughed our lungs out over that remark. And then, there I was...pregnant!! Oh nooo....a baby on the way!!!

When my gynae, Dr Haris told me..."Yup..you are pregnant alrite. And baby is due in March" Waaaa.....didn't know if I should cry and scream or leap with joy. The last time Dr Haris said this same line to me was a long, long time ago....8 years to be exact.

Nissa - 3 years

A baby would be nice...but the 9 months would be a challenge. Both of my earlier pregnancies had been awful. My morning sickness would start from the time I knew I "got knocked" and would prolong till the day I delivered.


A good 7 years have passed since that visit to the gynae. And now..before we knew it, our "little baby" Nissa is getting on the bus and heading off to school. Tears welled up in my eyes as I became nostalgic, and marveled at my sweet little cherub who has grown into a pretty, young girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

da besar rupanyer nissa ni.
hehe.
skrg da masuk standard 1 pa2 nnti da nak upsr.
kakak2 sedare dia pun da semakin tua.
ahahahha.