Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Prelude Jakarta - Splurge and Spa

Just like my previous trips, this one to Jakarta was decided in a jiffy too. I initiated it and it received positive responses from both Jupe and Muni. I could still recall how this trip came about - a reaction from an action.


One of the handbags which was the "push" factor to Jakarta trip

We had our Shenzhen 3G get together just a day before that. Muni, Jupe, Kak Ariza and Shaliza, a new comer to the group came over to my house for tea. During the makan-makan, I paraded my new AnyaH handbags (note handbags, plural in quantity!!) to them all. Those picture handbags got them going, "I like, I like." My spontaneous response to their excitement was, "Jom...let's go. Bila nak gi?" And on the next day, after a few exchanges of text messages, I was well on my way making flight bookings on Air Asia. Destination is none other than Jakarta, where those AnyaH handbags are found aplenty.

The only one thing which took us a while to decide was the date. With my schedule as crazy as ever and Muni about to start her MBA, we decided that end July would be a good time for our brief breakaway.

Some guilt questions ran by our minds. Will we get clearance to take leave? Will there be any seminars, meetings at that time?? Those were the pounding questions that criss-crossed our heads. In the end, we felt we should just let nature take its course. Que Sera Sera, what will be will be........

And that was the onset of Jakarta Splurge & Spa. I remember putting up the countdown of the trip and it started with number of days to go at 45. Next thing to do was to stay calm, diligently continue with work and try save money for the upcoming trip ;-)

Next, marathon at work and off we go.

2 comments:

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

Hi Kay,

Salam Ramadan from Dhaka!

The Anya Hindmarch handbags tu yg ori punya ke? If yes are they very cheap in Jakarta? They look so nice and sazzy!

Boleh lah bergaya masa raya nanti. :)

kay_leeda said...

Tai Tai,

The Indon AnyaHs are first grade copies. I checked out those in the boutique (in KL) and the make is pretty much the same.

Kalu yg ori semua, tak cukup rupiah nak beli sampai 6!!! Yup that was the number of pieces we got for each one of us. Tak habis Shawal nak change bags. Gotta sambung till Eidul Adha ;-)

~Kay~