Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ride of My Life

We got down from the ox cart at a tribal village. There were not many folks around. My guess was most of them were out at work. Only the women folks and children were walking around.

While waiting for our elephant ride, we walked around and looked at the makeshift handicraft stalls the locals have put up. There were lots of intricate and colourful handicrafts. They make and then sell these handicraft to the tourists.

I got a myself a small toiletries bag. I had my eyes on a sling bag which was hanging in one of the stalls. I thought I would look around in all the stalls first and then come back to the stall where I first saw it.

Just when I was about to turn back, the elephant handler called for us. Ooooo....there was not enough time to go back to the first stall where I saw the bag. It was just too bad for me. I do hope to find the bag later at another place.

All on board the elephant.

Muni and I sat on one elephant. It was so tall!! And the moment it moved...my whole body swayed with the movement of the elephant.

Boy..it was some experience of a life time!! I laughed and laughed and laughed. It was funny and yet overwhelming. Jupe and Raha were on the elephant in front of us. It was almost impossible to snap pictures as the swaying of the animal was so strong. Each time we tried, we would end up snapping either pictures on the tree or someone else's head.

The ride did take a while. We went passed the hills and even crossed the river. At one point the animal just stopped. Both Muni and I wondered why it didn't move. Later the animal turned and the handler showed us this mountain like dung. Ha..hah...it "pooped" while carrying us. Could it be that we were too heavy for him???

The ride finally came to an end at the place where we saw the show. We climbed out the seat and was met up by Yu Pin. She informed us that lunch was ready. Oh yes...food at last. The ride had made us so famished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wahaha.. banyak ke shopping? Best ke naik elephant.. heeheheh