Thursday, May 10, 2007

Prelude to Chiangmai Trip

The need to unwind and recharge

A friend freaked out when I sms telling her that I’ll be off on a holiday. She said, “Didn’t you just come back from one?”

“Yes…I did.” I told her. “But Siem Reap was with my husband. This time I am going with friends!!” She said, “Ohh…tak sama eh??”

And the sms exchange ended there.

Ok….guilty as it may sound, I admit I am one of those who need to take off for a few days to unwind and get myself recharged again. Juggling schedules between work, home and the children can take a whole lot of you. Thus, this explains the absolute need of getting away.

Air Asia Promotional Tickets

Air Asia…ahhh…it’s a blessing for travelers like me who don’t really want to pay too much on air tickets. So obviously, these tickets that I got for this trip to Chiangmai were booked way back in September 2006. Air Asia had offers for RM39.99 to several of its destinations.

Traveling Companions

This is just my personal opinion. Husbands make great traveling companions. But there are times when girls wanna be girls and they just wanna have fun together.

I am glad that I have friends who share the same interest with regards to traveling and are able to get away from the family for short getaway trips.

The other common interest that we have is RETAIL THERAPY aka shopping.

So for this trip…my partners in crime were Muni, Jupe and Raha. Muni, Jupe and I studied in college together. We have children who are almost of the same age and what’s more interesting is ..our husbands also studied together in the same University and knew each one of us way back before we all got married.
Raha on the other hand first joined us during the trip to Bandung last year. She has gotten the hang of traveling with the three of us and hopefully she’ll be coming along on our trips to come.

No comments: