Thursday, May 10, 2007

Final Night Market Rendezvous

Jupe and Raha had surrendered after the weekend market. Both Muni & I could still go for it. I had to go collect my daughter's painting and Muni wanted to go for one last shot at searching for her daughter's LeSportsac bag.

Traveling money changer...and it was parked right infront of our hotel.

And ...there we were again...on this last night in Chiangmai trying our luck at the nightmarket. We decided to go on the opposite direction from the ones we took last two nights. We noticed there were fewer sellers tonight. Some of them could be at the weekend market.

After walking around, damage for the night were a black and white Coach bag for Muni, a pair of slippers and a Diesel bagpack for my son Faris....that was only damage at the new nightmarket block we walked at.

We were off to the nightmarket complex to collect my daughter's photo. As we walked passed one shop...Muni looked up and she saw the LeSportac bags on display!!!! It was just our luck. After getting the salesgirl to bring out almost the entire stock of LeSportsac, Muni finally decided on a bright coloured floral sling bag and I had my eyes on one which had a more calm design.

Now came the bargaining part. After so much of price haggling, the salesgirl finally agreed to the price Muni was offering her. But she only agreed to give us that particular price for just one bag. There was no love lost for me as half way during the bargaining...I had lost my interest on the bag.

Muni was overwhelmed as she finally did manage to get the bag for Anis. Mission accomplished!!!

Now off to the night market. I got Nissa's painting in no time. Then we walked around searching for the shop where we saw the stingray wallets. Urgghhhh...no...much to our dismay, the shop was closed tonight.

Anyway we still managed to get those stringray stuffs from another shop. But they weren't as cheap at the ones we saw two nights ago.

On our way out, I just had to grab this very stricking picture bag. It had pictures of Elvis all over it and it was orange in colour. I tried to bargain with the sales girl. Told her I have walked pass her store for three nights in a row and noone has grabbed the bag yet. As such...she better sell it to me...but with a good offer. She continuously shook her head. No go for her. Well...what the heck...it was only about RM20 and it's one of it's kind..I had to give in too. Told the girl I was too tired to bargain. So it was her lucky night....

Our last shopping stop was at this tribal bag lady who had displayed her bags along the stairs of the nightmarket complex. Muni wanted to get one tribal bag for a friend. We bargained hard and looked like a real pitiful duo. Muni told the girl to give us about 20 baht less as we were already dead tired and we wanted to buy drinks for our selves. Now...that's what I call...ultimately hopelessly pathetic!!! And we got the discount...

We asked the girl where was the nearest food massage place. She told us across the street. I just had to go for one or else...I would be in big trouble tonight. I could feel a cramp coming!!!

And we found the foot massage place. In the end, we took the foot, shoulder and back massage. Whatever lah....my whole body is about to fall apart. Just fix me....

The massage took us about 1 hour. By the time we finished, the place was already closing. One the way back to the hotel, we stopped at Hagen Daz and packed one ice-cream cup each. Our reward for the HARD work today. And the best part was...we still have not had dinner!!! And we got to pack too!!!

No comments: