Thursday, May 10, 2007

More Shopping

Yu Pin was already waiting for us at the rafting drop off point. We told her the ride was good and we really had to control the temptation from the cool water. None of us jumped into the water or else she would see us all drenched..heh..heh.

Since we finished the rides relatively early, Yu Pin asked if we wanted to go visit the monkey zoo. After being under the blazing sun since morning, we declined her offer nicely. So she asked if there was any place else we wanted to visit. We asked her where else would she recommend us to go. She mentioned a few places...and we said "Nah.."

Finally she said why not go visit a few more of the handicraft centres along the San Kampaeng Road as we have not visited the umbrella, silver and leather factories.

Ha..ha...like little girls our faces beamed with joy!! More shopping ...we like!!

On the way down we stopped at one roadside stall to have nice cooling coconut drink. Wahh...it was so refreshing and we were all now energized for our shopping mission.

We went to the umbrella factory first. There were lots of paper umbrellas, handmade and very intricately designed.







I was then too tired to take pictures of the places we went to. As for the damage...well...I managed to save myself from the temptations. It was Muni's and Jupe's turn that afternoon to get things for themselves. Jupe got a nice siver ring and bracelet - I think. Muni got a jade ring to match yesterday's bracelet.

Beli kawan-kawan...jangan tak beli...heh..heh!!!

Tee and Yu Pin sent us back to our hotel at around 5.00pm. We were exhausted, sweaty and smelly (of course..what would you expect??We've been on the elephant and the ox rides!! Those animals...they really stincko!!)

Yu Pin informed us that Tee will pick us up tonight at 7.30pm to take us to the dinner and cultural show. Alright that would give us enough time to clean up and get ready for dinner.

BUT...I had a slight "detour" to make. I had to go back to the night market complex and provide the artist with my little girl's photo. The night before during my visit to the night market, I saw this guy who could do a painting of my daughter.

Raha came along with me. We went straight to the complex. It was tough to walk straight and not be distracted by all the other traders on both sides of the sidewalk.

Dropping off the photo was fast. It was done if a few minues..told the guy what & how I wanted the picture done, paid him a deposit and the transaction was made.

SO...since we still had time, both Raha & I decided to explore the upper floors of the complex. And...we had some interesting findings.

To cut the story short..I ended up with a Cuzco t-shirt for my daughter and a nice coffee brown cotton shirt for my shopping sponsor.(haiyaa...who else la..if not "Datuk Z"...aka the hubby..babe...don't marah eh!! Put your money to goooood use..heh..hehe :-) )

I did one hell of a bargaining when buying the shirt. Finally the seller gave in and sold me the shirt at the price I wanted. I promised her tonight I will bring her my other friends and I meant every word I said.

Satisfied with my purchase...both Raha & I headed back to our hotel to get ready for dinner tonight.

No comments: