Monday, May 3, 2010

K.I.S.S

It must have been one of the most boring speeches I've ever listened to. The crowd was no doubt showing its restlessness. And why wouldn't they be? Most of them were children who were hardly 10 years old. They understood nuts of what was said. The rest of the crowd were teachers. They too were tired of listening to the same voice. I concluded that from what I saw of their facial and body language.

Someone whispered to me that the speech giver (a VIP) had like 15 pages to deliver. Oh my God.....I could only shake my head with disbelieve. To me, it was pure torture - trying to show a straight face, while the heart yearned to be else where. However, there was nothing much I could do but just sit and wait. I was only attentive for the first 10 minutes and beyond that the mind was else where. I saw people in the crowd were fiddling with their hand phones - texting and FBing. How else would we keep ourselves entertained, right?

Time and time again, I witness the same scenario. Up on stage, there could be a the top most government or state official orating. But before him, the crowd does not show the remotest interest on what is said. Pathetic is the situation; a real waste of time.


I ask myself what's the point of talking when no one is listening. Why bother insisting to be heard? How come no one is reading the silent but obvious message reciprocated by the audience? Why can't the message delivered be more comprehensible to the target audience - children, village folks and other locals? But most of all why can't the speech be a K.I.S.S - keep it short and simple (or would you rather have it "keep it short, stup*d"!!)

14 comments:

Zendra-Maria said...

Owh... i thought it was "Kay Is Sweetly Sexy..." no matter how long the speech

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Kay,
Perhaps you could control the situation by writing the speech on behalf of the VIP. Mama did that a lot when she was in a position similar to yours a long loooong time ago. Oh, I agree with Aunty Z's definition of KISS too. purrr.....meow!

Tommy Yewfigure said...

Hey Kay, this must be as bad as the slow Chinese water torture, I really feel for u.

Hehehe, I would be very worried if I were u, Kay, with that comment coming from Zendra, if it was from Tommy, then u’ll be over the moon & flattered, I supposed….hahaha.

I’m keeping this Short & Sassy, wink2,since u got Short Attention Span :))

Cheers,
Tommy

Desert Rose said...

Gud One Kak Zendra.

ANd yea, there is nothing more torturing than to to have to sit and listen to a bl**dy long speech yang mana the speaker adalah syok sendiri .....

kay_leeda said...

Dear Zen,

"Sweetly Sexy"??? Wohhh ni mesti u pakai shades and not able to see all the extras..LOL

kay_leeda said...

Dear CatIS,

Another one with shades huh? Sexy?? You gotta be kidding..heh..heh.

Actually we gave the VIP only 4 points to talk about. But some people just lurveee listening to their own voice..perghhh!!

kay_leeda said...

Dear Tommy,

Yes it was TORTURE being there when the heart was else where.

Ohhh Zen just wants to kacau me lah. I wouldn't worry too much. But if you yg cakap ah...ayohhh i'll fall off my chair lorr. Nanti Aunty chase me round the block :D

kay_leeda said...

Dear DR,

You can say that again and again...Tak rela, tapi ini adalah case paksa rela :(

kay_leeda said...

Dear Tommy,

Perhaps this was how I felt

TORTURE

Tommy Yewfigure said...

Hey Kay, u shud put this song on ur iPod on LOUDSPEAKER when that guy over stayed his welcome, macam tu Academy award acceptance speech, music starts;

BORING

kakaka….aiik got cupcakes & candy too in that song.

Tommy

P/S - I luv PINK!

tireless mom said...

Teach him about mini skirt too. Just to cover the basic essentials.

kay_leeda said...

Dear Tommy,

Wahhh you so funky!!Never knew this of PINK. I shall now be on a look out for her numbers :)

kay_leeda said...

Dear TM,

Mini skirts? Errr...u sure? Nanti they go do the "raba-raba" act how? But seriously, that countryman of ours is so, so boring!!

Naz in Norway said...

Kay,
I love that message in the brackets!