Monday, May 24, 2010

Accept As Is

Someone close accused me of not carrying out my responsibility well. It hurts when facts are put blatantly upfront.

Yes, I have erred a lot. I am no saint, and neither am I perfect. I make heaps of mistakes. And for that I am sorry. I accept what I did wrong and try to do better next time. But I’m not going to punish myself forever.

To that someone, if you must know, yes, regrets I have a few.

There is regret when I look back and realize that I could have done more. Yes, there’s also that remorse feeling when I know some of my actions are not right.

To that someone, I’m not in the business of fault finding. I have too much in life to be spending time doing that.

I’m sorry if life wasn’t fair with you. Yes, I know, I’ve been there: life is never fair. But it’s fantastic. It’s unique, unrepeatable, one of a kind, beautiful, simple, challenging, sweet, hard…


All you need to do is, take a step back and find reasons to love life.
Lighten up. Accept life as it is.

9 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Oh no! Aunty Kay, you made me break into a song again...remember that song: I love you just the way you are...

Don't go changing
To try to please me

purrrr.....meow!

kay_leeda said...

DearCatIS,

Change if for the better, why not? But rest assured I won't change my love for you my furry ones.

Cayangggggg u all :)

Tommy Yewfigure said...

Ooooo mai u notti girl, Kay, what have u done now sambil playing violin with Frank Sinatra’s ‘My Way’- ‘Regrets, I had a few, but then again too few to mentioned’…kakaka.

What happened, happened for a reason, so long as we acknowledge it, rectify wherever we can, apologise & move on. Such is life; we make mistakes due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, spur of the moment stuff that requires immediate instinctive action, right or wrong, at least we tried. After all like u said, ‘Life is too beautiful to dwell on mistakes’.

And for no other reason what so ever, except that it’s just a nice song;

I Don’t Want to Talk about it

Cheers up!
Tommy

kay_leeda said...

Dear Tommy,

Yes, you summed it all very well there. I'm certainly not going to dwell about the past till the cows come home. Too bad if that other person is still down and sulking life away.

My all time favourite is of course

I WILL SURVIVE

Go on now go walk out the door
just turn around now 'cause you're not welcome anymore....

mamasita said...

Hoooi Kay...apahal??
Mak oi..garangnya!haha
Time for RT! Time to bake cookies!!

kay_leeda said...

Dear Datin,

Tak de apa-apa lah, saja je test power!! Ramai orang terkezut kan...heh..heh :)

Kama At-Tarawis said...

Kay - You have not lived if you have not erred in your life. You are no saint but so are the rest of the world! To those who like to nitpick I say.. ukur baju dibadan sendiri..

kay_leeda said...

Kak Puteri,

Ohhh yesss, many times have I put that message to them. I'm just short of being rude je. It's like "why do u always have a bone to pick with me???!!!"

Shooo...shooo...go go!!

kay_leeda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.