Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy and Sad Ending

The month of May is coming to its end in a few hours. Fuhh...time surely zooms, and before you know it, a whole six months would have gone by.

Like always, work took precedence amongst all else. I'm happy to say that I've accomplished quite a bit in this month. The curriculum that I designed was well accepted by client and I saw its successful implementation in the last two camps. The response was overwhelming, with participants asking for more in the future. I get lumps in my throat each time we bid our good byes to the children after a good 4 days at camp. Nonetheless, out of sight doesn't mean out of mind coz we meet almost everyday now online. If only these children knew how lucky they were to be the selected few to experience this different method of learning where creativity and collaboration were the essential skills used. I am all so glad to share my knowledge and expertise with to these buds. Hopefully they will benefit from the knowledge, InshaAllah.

On the home front, I'm overjoyed too as we managed to carry out our kenduri kesyukuran sometime early in the month. We feel much at peace now after that traumatic time when fire broke out in our home. I must thank all who came on that day. Thank you to fellow bloggers Zendra, Kak Ezza, Desert Rose, Aida, Madam Principal, my bffs Muni and Jupe, my immediate family members, my Haj sister - Kak Lin, my sister TM and family, neighbours, Abe's colleagues and everyone else who have been so supportive of us during those trying times. I'm sorry if I didn't extend the invite to all, faham-faham saja lah, rumah comel je, takut nak kenduri besar-besaran.

As promised the girls and I had our way of celebrating; we girls just wanna have fun and fun was at the mall. As always Nissa got her wish - stuffs from GIRLS. It was outfit buying for her too, as she made it through the High School Rock cheer leading audition and will after this compete with other students in Putrajaya. And Nissa has really, really grown!!! Other than her school uniform, most of her clothes are obscenely tight. Macam sarong nangka, serious!

Nissa said some of her friends have a collection of these tees from GIRLS - such lucky children.

Told her to go for Enid Blyton's Malory Towers. Instead, she got carried away with "Diary of A Wimpy Kid". She said this is what everyone at school reads now.

So last Friday was shop till we dropped day. When we got home, my feet ached so bad. I must now remind myself that I'm no longer that 20 sumthing girl who could go mall hopping from sun rise till sun down.

Since the PLUS highway south bound at Nilai was badly congested, we took LEKAS to Seremban. It was LEKAS all right. Faris was behind the wheels and he took like 1o mins to get to Ampangan toll on LEKAS.

On Saturday, the girls were supposed to have their usual activities at Art and music class. Just as they were getting ready a call came in for Abe. It was his brother calling to inform him that an ailing uncle had passed on early that morning.

Immediately we changed plans and got kids packing for the day trip back to Seri Menanti for the funeral. Two weeks ago Abe had gone back to visit him when we got news of his frail health.

It rained for a short while before the funeral.

Farah and Daddy walking to the mosque for the prayers.
Al-fatehah, semoga roh nya bakal ditempatkan di kalangan orang yg soleh.

Pak Ngah was the husband of my mother-in-law's sister. Abe's uncle lah kan? Of all his uncles, Pak Ngah was one of the few, that I know. If I recall well, he was the spokesperson for Abe's family during our engagement. Pak Ngah was a real nice man, I respect him for his wisdom and wit. He was 79 and I believe he must have lived his life the fullest.

Cajun seafood pasta

Salmon toast...yummsssss!!!

We ended our long weekend with more makan-makan on Sunday. I decided to try Italian and surprisingly my Cajun seafood pasta turned out a real hit with folks at home (come to think of it, don't think the kids dared say the otherwise).

Then there was the Carrot Apple Nutty cuppies for late night dessert

And Chitty wanted to take five, go chill too.....

9 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

Oooo Chitty, you're such a cutey! hahaha! I have to show that picture to the kids :D
That Wimpy books were a fav a couple of years ago in this house too. Now they are just waiting for the next victim to come pick them up.

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Kay,
Woohoo! Chitty looks like Jackie O with those shades! Al-fatihah for your uncle-in-law. purrr....meow!

mamasita said...

Hai Kay..so many memorable moments.
Sad to hear about your Aruah Pak Ngah.
Glad to hear everything is going great..jealous you can wallop so much calories and then burn them up so easily.
And Nissa is really blooming fast! haha..bye2 to Mommy's taste.

rohaizahabas said...

hahaha..chitty..macam ceti saja...

rasa nya bulan lepas kemain banyak kematian di kalangan rakan bloggers ya...Al fatehah buat semua..

kay_leeda said...

Dear Naz,

Chitty is cute kan? The girls have been "decorating" her with all sorts of gadgets! I'll post pictures next time.

Your kids into Wimpy books too? So does that make us Wimpy Mom?

kay_leeda said...

Dear CatIS,

She's Chitty O bebeh!! What's your fashion statement Angie? *wink*

kay_leeda said...

Dear Mamasita,

Where got I burn easily?? Swim everyday pun tak jadi apa-apa daaa...

Soon I'll just sit in the car and wait for the girls to come back from their baju buying. Tak mo dah nak pakai baju yg Mommy pilih...hu hu. Tak pe lah, I pun dah tak larat nak follow them up down the mall just to search for a pair of slippers yg they say is so in fashion now. *me puzzled*

kay_leeda said...

Dear Kak Ezza,

Yes...tang nak makan memang Chitty boleh turn into a chettiar!! Lapar je dia ni...

Tommy Yewfigure said...

Hey Kay, do u think the kids have this conspiracy to rip off parents?

U know they always come home & says ‘All my friends have this lah’, ‘All my friends have been there lah’, ‘ All my friends’ parent give them $5.00 pocket money each day lah’. Ever wonder which kid is the FIRST one to start off with???..kekeke.

And the funny thing is they don’t ever mention about those kids that goes ‘without’ these stuff (those less fortunate).

Alas, such is life, we parents r really suckers! Always giving in & providing them with things that we missed out when we were at their age :((

Cheers,
Tommy