Thursday, December 9, 2010

Payback Time

The house is so quiet now. Everyone is deep in their slumber. Even the cats are wisely snoring away. Time now is 3.50am; unfortunately yours truly here is still wide awake. I have not managed to close my eyes - not even for a single second, albeit the screaming signs from this old body telling me to unwind and join the rest in slumber. There's just so, so much going on in my mind. Guess it's true when they say only when your mind is at ease; your body is ready to shut down. My mind however is still spinning so fast as if it could fall of its own axis.

So how on earth could I possibly close my eyes?

Yesterday wasn't a virtuous day at work. It started well but ended as if the world had crumbled on me. What a mess it is now and it was never meant to be so. A good intent had gone misinterpreted. I hate it when things are all jumbled up. I loath doing fire fighting and now the brain is working extra hard to find solutions to resolve the so much confusion.

And I for one does not like being in that state of mind. Unfortunately, free my mind I can't :((

My last two hours was spent BBMing a fellow colleague, trying to make sense of what is happening. Questions in our mind were similar - could trust the people around us or could they just be pure opportunist, putting up a multiple faced front and leading us to the pits? This is so, so difficult - trying to sort the right from the wrong, trying to establish friend from foe.

Well, as if being put in this terrible limbo isn't enough, another blow came later in the day. Another set back was brought to my attention; a project manager's worst nightmare. The disturbing news was conveyed to me - apparently "some people" are still not pleased with the service we provide them. Despite the coaching we've been giving, despite the patience and tolerance we've been showing to their not so smart team, despite the longggggg hours of laborious efforts to ensure our deliverables are satisfactory, they say that we have not met their expectations, contradicting the endorsement on the SLA. Awww....come on, stop being pretentious!! It’s a personal thing for it is a fact that they can't gobble my guts and my wits. And that's why they are now the sorriest two legged souls walking around. I may not be confrontational but I am certainly not blind.

Well, it's just too bad then if "some people" do not know how to behave professionally. It's just so pathetic if they do not know when and where to draw the line that separates personal from professionalism. They may be enjoying their triumph for now, but little did they know that the joke is on them. We shall wait and see who has the last laugh at the end of this long episode of nonsense.

Perhaps I should start turning a deaf ear from now on and stop entertaining ridiculous requests starting this very moment. So...we'll see what happens after this when no responses towards the text messages sent at those ungodly hours. Hence from now business will strictly adhere to my official office hours - too bad if they had to wait hours for the reply. No way I’m gonna get up from my slumber and entertain your 3.45am request anymore. Wait…just like the rest have to!!

So that’s it folks, Kay is cutting off the life line from now on. If you can’t get her, it means she is deep in her slumber.


It’s payback time, so you wait lah….

¤Sent from my iPad¤

4 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

Kay,
Now is the right time to heck it all and buy that ticket to Norway ;)

Tommy Yewfigure said...

Kay,
Difficulty tests the strength of your resolve. To turn one's obstacle to one's advantage is a great step towards victory :))

kay_leeda said...

Dear Naz,

Heading your way soon....(ohhh how i wish!!) and hoping to be snowed in till spring (yeah again wishful thinking...)

Stay warm girlfriend :)

kay_leeda said...

Unker T,

Thank you Sir for the most encouraging words. Am not giving up for "he/she who gives up last is the first to succeed".

You have a wonderful weekend in the sun :)