Monday, July 12, 2010

Plus and Minus

Stories from Colombo trip will have to wait a bit longer. Let's keep the guessing going; did I or did I not go to the gem factory? And if I did, what was the damage like "wink*. Wahh, sudah boleh buat drama bersiri my corat-coret Colombo....heh heh.

I'm still awake and still faithfully waiting for Orange to take centre field. Somehow after my FB chats, the eyes are wide awake and meddling with this new toy is making me forget about sleep for a while.

Yesterday, we celebrated Abe's birthday. Yang ke berapa??? Yang ke banyakkkkk!!! When I got the cake, I mumbled on my words when the sales person asked me how many candles I needed. But I guess budak-budak ni are so well trained to decipher mumbled words and sounds and have them translated into that secret code - the age.

Nissa merajuk coz was awaken from her deep slumber to sing Daddy that birthday song.

It was a simple celebration with cake at midnite and followed by dinner later in the evening. Abe is still recovering from his cold, and Nissa was starting not to feel too good. Anyway, Mommy's driving kan....so semua orang could lena till we arrived at the destination.

From Kak Ezza and a few other blogger friends, I have been hearing raving remarks about this ikan bakar place in Pekan Jeram - a small town after Kapar and just before Kuala Selangor. Jauh juga lah....it took us about an hour to get there. When we arrived it was almost maghrib and the restaurant was already packed with patrons. We were lucky that we managed to get a table fast.


Siakap tiga rasa - my rating 5 out of 10.

Wait for the food was long - not at all surprising when looking at the hungry faces all around us. When our food finally came, everyone was ready to attack!! I don't think it's fair to be a food critique on the dishes we had, when it's my first time there. I liked the siakap tiga rasa, but Farah said the one at Famous Thai was tasted better (yarr lorrr..and how much pulak the same dish in Famous Thai??) But all in all we were happy with our dinner.

Then came the surprise - Abe's present. The girls and I went looking for something which we felt he really needed. A few items came to mind - a watch (nooo....coz last two years dah bagi dah), shirt (also noooo coz he has banyak yang he has not worn...thanks to my buying spree), DSLR (errr...me tak cukup budget nanti nak gi RT with friends). Ohhh...it was so tough getting his present.

After lihat sini sana, and with me so exhausted being driver for the girls, we decided to get him a new phone - a replacement that would put the N80 to its final resting place.

On Friday, I was joking with my boss in the office, asking him what's the cheapest Black Berry. His reply was, "Napa nak cari yang cheapest??? Cari lah yang latest!!" Everyone thought I was looking for a new BB, little did they know that I was getting a device for someone who is not so tech savvy (unlike me!!! cheh...puji diri sendiri)

Anyway, when I went to my favourite mobile outlet in SA Mall, the sales person showed me the new Bold2. Ohhh...macam cantik pulak...and berkenan jugak. So malas nak think much, all of us girls unanimously agreed that the ole man should be transformed into someone who is tech savvy. Nissa said she's gonna give Abe only two weeks to master the phone, or else the BB will be hers!!! Duhhh...punya lah demanding and strict nya this girl.

Guess what it is Daddy. No clues from Abe coz Farah had wrapped the phone in Astro old bill (recycle mahhh...)

Laaaa....hadiah bungkus guna bill recycle je. He must be thinking of that.

Tadaaaaaaa........your BB Daddy!!

Abe's reaction when he got the phone?? Kerut-kerut kepala nak accept Nissa's challenge...heh heh. Anyway, a note to Abe, chill lah okay. BB is not rocket science, try meddling with it first. If you really can't cope, we'll return your supposed to RIP N80 back to you and Nissa gets to keep BB, mau?? I can assure you, college calculus with all the triple differential equations yang three semesters kena buat dulu lagi susah nak pecah kepala!! The key word is CHILL :)

Well, that was the PLUS - Abe's age is plus 1 from last year's number. Wishing you all good health, rezeki yang melimpah (so that boleh selalu jadi penaja my RTs!!) and dirahmati Allah selalu.

The MINUS on the other hand is that my all so reliable, faithful relief supir has returned to Uni. Faris left this morning to embark on his degree program in the same Uni he completed his diploma. So...off he went to Melaka. But as Zen, a fellow blogger put it on FB - life goes on and I know I shouldn't be harping on this too much. (But I did feel like a hop on hop off bus driver yesterday when making drop off and pick up of the girls for their Saturday activities.)


We wish you all the best too Abang. Hope you keep up the good work as you had done in your diploma studies. Three years is not long...drive up and down Shah Alam - Melaka and before you know it, you are at your final semester.

10 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Kay,
Next time, please don't show any pix of fish - raw or cooked, OK? Menci tau! Kita suka makan ikan...yummm.... Anyway, Happy Birthday to "Abe the Builder". har har har *evil laughs*

Desert Rose said...

Kak,

Ahak....this give me some ideas, Lan's birthday is coming soon, in 2 months time, so cukup la daku menabung ...menyampah dah tgk tipon dinasour dia tuh.. the reason being , sama la mcm Abng Z akak tu ha, Kot I give him a bb I plak la sengsara mengajor haihhhhh

copynpaste said...

Happy birthday Zul...dapat hadiah lagi tu....kemain menjadi plan Kay ni...
Ngape somi2 kita semua sama ya..Hp canggih tak reti nak pakai...suka pakai yang buruk dan lama saja......

kay_leeda said...

Dear CatIS,

Okay deal...I'll keep all my fish pictures. Taku juga nanti ada cat yang merewang-rewang kat luar David Jones tu!!

Itu Abe says thanks for your kind wishes :)

kay_leeda said...

Dear DR,

Yes..yes...let's get rid of their old stuffs. Benda dah obsolete pun nak simpan lagi...haishhh tak faham.

Iyerrr...sakit pala dah ni...dah two nights bukak kelas tusyen applikasi BB *gelak bagai dot dot dot*

kay_leeda said...

Dear ol rascal (a.k.a Kak Ezza),

Fuhhh terkezut saya...bila lak ol rascal masuk blog saya. Last, last dok pikir..ni mesti sesi berebut PC dgn PA eh...heh heh...rebut-rebut bawa bahagiaaaa kak :)

Ishhhh u dunno ah kak, these guys ah...thy takut gak dgn technology ni. Tak mcm kita...concept nyer...cuba, try, test kan!!

Plan menjadi lah sikit-sikit kak...dgn berkat berkomplot dgn kekanak :)

Naz in Norway said...

Happy Birthday to the new BB owner!
I pun dah macam Cat...nampak je ikan dah tak boleh baca and tengok yang lain dah! :D

Tommy Yewfigure said...

Hey Kay,

Chinese memang pantang one, so long as the gift is not a timepiece, footwear or sharp object e.g. like Swiss Army Knife. Reason being so your union will be timeless, spouse won't run away & finally the union would not be cut off...kakaka.

Happy Birthday Abe, I understand we r at a stage whereby candles r not required....kakaka.

Cheers,
Tommy

P/S - Make sure the BB is not bugged & google earth friendly. Scary...hehehe

kay_leeda said...

Dear Naz,

New BB owner says thank you for the wishes :)

Ikan?? You drool too?? He he...mmg boleh go visit CatIS ni!! *wink*

kay_leeda said...

Hi Tommy,

I meant to answer your comments earlier, but got stucked in office traffic...errr u knw what I mean lah kan.

You know...my ex boss, this wonderful Chinese lady, she taught us a lesson or two about the pantangs at Chinese birthday celebrations. So much so, we had to be extra careful when we wanted to get presents for her and the other Chinese bosses. We have pantangs too, I'm sure. But I choose to have selective amnesia, can ah??

When Abe read your remark about "candles nor required", he was elated. At last...ada yg same boat as him..he he ;)

He's catching up real fast with BB. Next time I must keep this in mind, dun underrate an ol croc huh!!

You have a good weekend Sir :)