Friday, April 9, 2010

Say What???

If it hadn’t been the workspace being such an open office, I would have slammed down the phone with all my might. Trying to look cool and demure as blood gushed to my face was something I could no longer do. I wanted to scream at some one. And I wanted so badly to shake the person on the other line too. I wanted to be expressive and demonstrative, but the “good me” stopped myself from doing so.

No scream, no hair pulling, nothing. Disappointed? Yes, that too. But there was no point making a fool out of myself. In this case, it was just not worth it.

So now what exactly happened? And why did earth shake? And why was I so bl*r*y annoyed?

Bureaucratic, none other then the bureaucratic crap with a capital B (yes, allow yourself to be creative and descriptive when figuring out the most appropriate “B” word).

I assume that’s just how the culture is at some work place. YOU work for us, WE are the boss (and make things difficult). Just my bad karma that my team is stucked with such stiff characters – the typical by the book, “no way Jose I’m gonna accommodate you” mentality.


Yesterday was such a frustrating day for my team and I. We spent the entire day tracking PIC - persons-in-charge (well we thought they were coz their names were clearly printed in the memo). And after being given the wild goose chase, we were told that, “Oh…A is not the person you should be talking to. It’s actually D, but D is away and F is the one helping out but F is also away attending training!! And there’s nothing that can be done till mid next week.”

Tell me now how not to blow your top. From 8 in the morning till office hours ended, our effort went futile - such a waste of time.

I was so tempted to write one long lengthy email to voice my concerns, but ruffling feathers may have other consequences later. Anyway write email I did, but when comparing my first draft to the actual one (less fiery, less exclamation marks) I sent out, I wonder if the persons concerned got my message. What puzzles me is that how come these PICs have failed to remember that their main responsibility is to serve the people.

So much for “rakyat didahulukan, pencapaian diutamakan” huh?

5 comments:

mamasita said...

Takper Kay..let it All out..jangan simpan2!
I pun geram dengar the irresponsible PICs!

kay_leeda said...

Mamasita,

Unfortunately cannot main lepas je, nanti soruuuuu misss lorrr.

Anyway, we chill okay :) Life is too short to go geram-ing away :D

Tommy Yewfigure said...

Hehehe Steady lah Kay, don’t lose it. I dread to be the poor bloke at the receiving end of the ‘BAD’ Kay (if there’s really one deep within u)…kekeke. Will all hell break loose????

My choice of that ‘B’ word:- “U Blardy BEAUTY!!!!!”

Ya lorr don’t let all this disappointment at work upset your life. Stay cool!

Tommy

kay_leeda said...

Dear Tommy,

"U Blardy Beauty" huh? Ha ha..you got me all smiles on this beautiful Sunday morning.

Nahh...I'm all over the whole incident. I'm like that, I'd go fuming mad for a short while. Next thing you'll see me laughing away with the coffee mug in my hand. Me ain't allowing STRESS get in the way. Like I said, life is too darn short for that :) :)

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Kay,
Yeap. Life is too short to be wasted on those B........s. Would be better spent with me. purrr...meow!