Monday, April 19, 2010

Pictures from Yan Trip

It felt good to be able to get out of the office and do some work related traveling, but it feels better to be home. This trip to Yan was slightly longer than my usual. By the third day, I was missing everyone at home, and can't wait to hit the road heading South. Maybe dah tua kot...dah malas nak gi outstation lama-lama. Maybe juga dah tak tahan dengan kerenah client yang at times, memerlukan banyak kesabaran. I don't know; there are just so many things jumbled in my head.

Anyway, here are some pictures taken during the trip. Banyak yang boleh dibuat reflections, and banyak yang bring about the question - "what if??"

Yan Kecil during evening "rush" home, hardly any queue.

This was probably the busiest that it ever got

Heading home after a hard days work?

We could have stayed here. But the resort was up on Gunung Jerai. According to our supervisor, the route up was "belok-belok macam kat Camerons". Ohh tak pe lah....

So instead, we stayed at this homestay (nothing wrong with the signage, it was me who kind of had vertigo and wasn't able to get my level straight..heh..heh)

Should you need new curtains, place your order here. Was so tempted to do so. But I wondered if they could have curtains ready in one or two days.

The best thing about Yan - food is so, so cheap!! This nasi lemak was only 50cents. No way can we get such a delight in the Klang Valley. I wasn't much of a rice in the morning person. I opted for my usual - the roti canai. Roti canai was 60cents yah and local kuehs were only 20cents and soooo sedap!! There were 7 of us, we all had roti canai, some had nasi lemak on top of the roti plus one round of local kueh. Our breakfast that morning was RM13.00. Haaaa......gulp that!! Drinks were included as well in that RM13.00. Explain this please!! Depa guna tepung yang sama, gula yg sama, susu pekat yg sama...tapi kenapa harga kita kat Klang Valley tak sama harga depa noo??

Haa...tu dia....nasi lemak tu comel saja!! Ada egg sepotong and ikan bilis plus sambal (sama je kan macam yang kat KL, tapi kenapa harga tak sama?? Jenuh dok pikiaq!!)

Jenahak Tiga Rasa...yummmyyy!!

Our dinner on the 1st night was at Tanjung Dawai, Yan. We asked the homestay owner of a good place to go for dinner. He said, "Pi makan di Tanjung Dawai." Then we asked for directions from the Tuan Haji (dia yang bagi tau suruh panggil dia - Tuan Haji). He said, "Jalan seterait (straight), ikut jalan tu sampai habih, lepas tu konar kanan, sampai la Tanjung Dawai". We mati-mati thought it was like 10 mins drive to the end of the road and turn right and we'd get to the dinner place. Rupa-rupa nyerr....huh, it was a good half hour drive. The jalan "seterait" wasn't really straight. There were sharp turns along the way. But it was dark, we couldn't see much what was the surrounding like.

Tom Yam sea food with lots of crabs. Cholesterol ?? What's that? Alien??

All in all we paid Rm150 for the six dishes we had. There were 7 of us. I told the team, "Makan je, no need to compare. Rezeki jangan di tolak."

17 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

OK I'm going home today :)

kay_leeda said...

Naz,

Goin' home for the nasi lemak 50sen?? Sedap youuu :)

Errr..actually I wanted to make this posting especially dedicated to you. Har..har terrer tak I nak menyakat?

mamasita said...

Murahnya yea..kat sini sebungkus nasi lemak ranges from 2-2.50rgt.

kay_leeda said...

Dear Mamasita,

Yes, food is very,very cheap in Yan. What is 50sen there, is almost double here in KL. What to do mahh?? Tanah byk kat sana. Mau ka? Hari-hari lepas ni boleh makan nasi lemak murah :)

Naz in Norway said...

Everytime I go to LeCucur at KLCC, I feel like starting my own stall. Tapi beli lah jugak sebab nak makan but my god, they untung tunggang terbalik!

You sakat lah I, Kay...untung untung I tak tahan kena sakat, I beli tiket...hehehehe!

Jom jom jom...pakat pakat beli tanah kat Kedah :)

Kak Ezza@makcik Blogger said...

I dapat bayang kan bertapa harum nya bau nasik lemak daun pisang ni....

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Kay,
OK, one lot for me. Must pokok durian, rambutan, manngis and rambai kat belakang rumah. Also, make sure makcik supplier nasi lemak duduk sebelah rumah. Aunty Naz duduk jauh, kita dekat sikit nak balik. har har har *evil laughs*

Queen Of The House said...

Kay, that nasi lemak lima kupang pic did it!!! Tak tahan!! I have not been able to find anything similar (in taste, what more in price) in KL.

Too bad you missed the scenery along the road to Tanjung Dawai. You were actually driving past hilly areas, with the sea waaaay down below on your right. Cantik!

Queen Of The House said...

p.s. Tanah kat Yan dah semakin mahal compared to what it used to be. I already checked it out!! But still affordable lah. Kalau dapat yang dekat2 dengan "ayaq terjun" .... syok!

Anonymous said...

Bestnya sea food n murah pulak!insyallah I drop by at Tanjung Dawai for the ikan 3 rasa.Yummy yummy!

KG said...

yes makanan yang sama but in kl the prices are 5 fold!and org utagha manih manih semua...mcm chek!he he!

kay_leeda said...

Naz,

Ohhh...I have left the blog untouched for a few days. Nak reply comments pun dah basi :(

Sakat yg membuatkan you balik?? I loikeee...boleh kita go jalan-jalan lagi kan :D

LeCucur?? U come my hse, I make you cucoq seberapa byk u nak. Udang letak TIGA okay :D

kay_leeda said...

Kak Ezza,

Masak apa pun if bungkus daun pisang...best!!! Ishhh...mula lah ingat macam-macam ni..heh..heh

kay_leeda said...

Dear CatIS,

I have a rambutan tree in my house. There's also a mango tree & many, many batang of banana trees. U wanna buy my place?? LOL

Kopitiam across the road serve not too bad of a nasi lemak. Just that it's not 50sen lah yer.

Ayohhh...you some notty cat lar. Why must go disturb Aunty Naz like that. Takpe, nanti when you are back home and having a jolly time eating nasi lemak & cucoq, kita post lots of pictures for her to drool kan *says this penyakat tegarrr*

kay_leeda said...

Dear QueenOtH,

Hi old friend, long time no hear. I asked around if nasi lemak 50cents could still be found in KL. My friend said got, kat area kampung Puchong. Taste, me dunno lar coz me no have nasi lemak in the morning.

Ohhh dah mahai ah land value in Yan? Guess when the industries come in, price will sky rocket :(

kay_leeda said...

Dear Anon,

Yes..yes...go eat at Tanjung Dawai. Sedappppp.... :)

kay_leeda said...

Dear KG,

Orghang utagha memang manih-manih semuaa. Sebab tu kami mintak makcik tu pun buat ayaq kurang manih. Kalu tak aduhhh....takut nak minum. Sugarrr...sugarrr...sugarrr :) I ni tak boleh, coz nanti nak selalu *wink*