Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Making News

The moment I switched on my BB upon arrival in HCMC that Tuesday morning last week, a text message came in. It had this to say.

"Wahhh..ada orang keluar picture in the papers today!!"

Errr...keluar picture in papers?? What's going on? I certainly did not fancy my face being circulated nationwide, especially when I wasn't around to answer comments and what nots.

Anyway, after a few exchanges of text messages, I was finally informed that my picture and a group of students from a school in Bentong was featured in Minda, the pull out section on education in Berita Harian.

It was then I recalled that one reporter from BH, during that launch with the Deputy Minister, had asked us to "berlakun" and pose for his camera. Since we have been coaches for the kids, I thought, well..no harm doing a group pic. Alahhhaiii....it was that group picture that made front page news. Segan lah pulak dibuatnya.

Later in the day while I was busy scanning the markets of HCMC, a few more smses came in commenting my picture. Tak tau nak kata apa as I had no hunch how the picture looked like. It wasn't till I returned home when Abe showed me the pull out section.

And this was what I saw......


Cyberkids team from SMK Sulaiman, Bentong, Pahang

15 comments:

Kak Teh said...

wah, kay berposing sakan. Thanks for sharing. Am sure it is also on the online version.

Kama At-Tarawis said...

Betullah I rupanya! When I opened the papers that day, I saw the page lead. nampak macam kay tapi nak tanya you werent' around. i read the article but nama tak sebut pulak. so my hunch was right.. it was you..! nice pix..

Kak Ezza@makcik Blogger said...

ha...fofular dah awak tu...
tengok tu..kan akak dah cakap..muka u dah tembam!heheheh

Muni Samad said...

Tersengih sakan Puan Kay kita... senyum meleret.... sebab gambo masuk paper, semakin semangat shopping di HCMC..

MrsNordin said...

Cewah!! Should cut it out and have it framed!

Unknown said...

Kay,

No warga M'sia dah kenal muka u... warga Max*s dah lama kenai muka u on our periodical CSR reports hehehehe

wohoooo femes....

ummisara said...

wahhhh kak kay!!!!

potong & framekan :P

kay_leeda said...

Dear Kak Teh,

Wah so pagi dah up and about ka? Still jet lag? Tak de dah kan :)

Posing coz cameraman asked to "berlakun". Little that I knew he wanted to publish it. Guess I hv a lot to learn from you guys from the media.

The online version? I checked just now, they didn't seem to have it lorr.

kay_leeda said...

Kak Puteri,

You know I had relatives asking me about this pic at a wedding last weekend. One person said, "Mula-mula ingatkan budak sekolah mana je, pas tu bila tgk closer..alamak biras aku!!" Ayooo...my cringe moment daaa!!

My name will not appear in the write up coz we are EOs (event organizers). Behind the scene je...client yg frontline. Nak buat camne...

kay_leeda said...

Kak Ezza....

Seperti yg diexplain di YM hari tu...yessss memang pipi dah naik chubby (cheh...tak mo use word "tembam" walau hakikat nye memang pun!!) Ini lah akibat nyer jalan-jalan ronda kerja sambil makan-makan. Nasib baik dah dekat nak puasa. Btw, tau cheek exercise ker? Kalu boleh kurangkan chubbiness barang se cm atau dua..heh..heh.

kay_leeda said...

Dear Muni,

Ahhh...gambar itu telah membuat ku teruja di HCMC!! Kalau tak how to do that 10,000 steps shopping stint in Uncle Ho's Land :)

See ya later okay :)

kay_leeda said...

MrsN,

You know what, I tak sibuk sangat nak get the pic framed. Abe yg semangat nak do wonders to the pic..adei. Ku ingat ku yg vain...rupanya suami ku more vain than me!!!

kay_leeda said...

Dear Aida,

Yeah I was told by the CSR peps yg my face appears in their report. I rasa not right at times coz it's Ma**x event. So more of their faces should be featured.

Femes??? Ohhh sungguh ku tak mau!! I just wanna be a low profile as I can.

kay_leeda said...

Edelweiss,

Next time you follow me to my event yah. Kita posing sesama nak??

Framekan?? Yess..Abe has taken care of that :)

ms hart said...

Pheeewwwwiiiiiit!!!;-)

Kalau tahu awal , boleh beli paper, potong and pi frame gambau sedara!Ahaks!