Sunday, October 12, 2008

Woody Inquiries

It was never meant to sound like an advertisement that posting of mine - "Woody Obsession". However, it somewhat created avid interests from furniture seekers all over. Inquiries came in various forms, through emails, text messages and some colleagues at work even asked me if I still kept the advertisement of the furniture shop. Guess, more folks are going for "wood stuffs" these days.

Advert is not very clear, it's Jln 9/1B

And because of that too, I don't mind sharing the info of the place where we did our haunts (and yes, the guy at the shop did ask me to tell my friends about his shop, so kira I'm doing him a favour lah here). Incidentally, the shop placed an advert in an English daily yesterday. Hence, making me able to cut the advert and scan the address of the place. It's kind of tiny the address. So, I did a search on Google map for better directions to get to the shop.

Map to Craft Roots@Bandar Sunway

Location of the shop


And these are my messages to those who have inquired.

Girls at work - go check it out.
AT - yes they do deliver outstation.
Pilot's Wife - not sure when I'm going again. Kinda filled up the space in the house already and last but not least to
Anon 10:43 Oct 10 - go terjah the place, before the new deliveries are gone.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, Kay.

Inshallah will do that soon!

kay_leeda said...

Hi Anon@11:32,

Glad you responded. Go check it out and let me know if you found anything of yr liking there yah!!

ms hart said...

Alamaaaak...ni yang susah nak 'puasa' ni....sudah terang lagi tersuluh....adoi..!! Ya Allah, kuatkanlah iman hambaMu yang tergoda ini....hmm..

...but nevertheless, thanks for sharing, Kay!!

Kak Teh said...

kay, when we went to trengganu, we saw some beautiful wooden doors. Just minutes before going back, myhusband disappeared into the marketplace and bought a pair of beautifully carved wooden doors. Yang amatlah mahal dan berat! So, macammana nak bawa balik london?

kay_leeda said...

Ms Hart,

Ni yang selawat banyak-banyak ni...Takut yg helping to provide info will fall for the trap, even though I say dah no space, still there is some corner some where which could be filled up.

Ni lah dia kita orang perempuan kan!!!

kay_leeda said...

Kak Teh,

Ohh...AG did that in Terengganu? Market place yang mana? In KT itself ker? I bet the workmanship is superb. Orang Gannu kan famous for their craftswork.

My husband almost did a similar stunt when we were in Bali. Luckily, I managed to talk him out. Instead he found some beautifully crafted swords. Beli pedang la pulak!!!

Shipping to London? Ummppp...they don't do deliveries? UPS? Mas cargo?

tireless mom said...

Kay

Must ask the ABE or the shop owner to give us advice on this woody thingy. I think we got cheated for the kayu at the verandah. Kata teak, tapi dah ada unsur unsur reput dek hujan.

kay_leeda said...

TM,

Can ask ABE, consultation fee payable to Moi ah :)

We also got cheated at one shop previously. The showcase had "bubuks" all over. Jenuh Bibik everyday doing the clean up.

I so the very want to go look at the Uwan-Uwan's houses. Let's see what I could salvage from there. Don't mind paying for them for the wood is definitely better than the ones we have these days.

Lee said...

Hi Kay Leeda, terima kaseh for dropping by my place and your warm thoughts.
You have a very nice blog, very interesting.
Love your family photos...you sure have a real beautiful family.
Love your style of writing...your stylish eloquence especially.

Once again, thank you for coming by....if you free do drop by again, I just posted another episode of our Autumn.
Kita berjumpa lagi, you keep well and best regards, Lee.

kay_leeda said...

Uncle,

Thanks for dropping by and thanks for your compliments too. I kembang sekejap here :)

Yes, I have read more of autumn too. The boots, bags all I like!!