Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Election Ceramah...borinnnggggg

There was an election ceramah held by the Barisan Nasional guys last night. It ended just a while ago. When I came back from dinner, there were cars parked haphazardly along the main road next to my house.

At home, I saw my maid and a few of her Indon friends already seated waiting to hear the speaker speak. Huh??? Indons listening to cerita politik?? Whatever lah...

Then curiosity got into me. I asked my daughter to walk with me to the carpark area where the ceramah was held. I wanted to see what the crowd was like. From inside my home compound, it didn't seem like full house of people seated under the tent.

When I got closer, true enough. There were just a couple of people seated....hardly 30 pax. The rest were onlookers and many looked like those mat rempits who were eager to collect their share (money maybe?) after the ceramah was over. They didn't look like people who are eligible to vote yet. Then came a sweet girl who gave me a small packet. Wah...got hot curry puff & donut lorrr!!! Bagus punyer kempen...I told myself. But it takes more than curry puffs and donut to buy my vote. But rezeki...I tak tolak...heh..hehe.


It was a boring ceramah..kids entertained themselves with the bubbles.

I heard Mr MP spoke for a while. He was talking about his early days as an MP....no money, drive an ordinary car....worked for the people etc..etc. Yeah..yeah..yeah...we know that. So now, could you please stop the talk and get down to real business of being an MP for the people. Show it to us how a man of caliber you are. How you can improve your constituent.... But of course, there was no mention about all those (and why am I not surprised).

Up, up and away...into the sky..the bubbles went

It started to drizzle later and more people left. There were just about 7 people seated under the tent. My maid and friends had dispersed. She was laughing at the fact that there were just a handfull of people still listening to the ceramah.

They finally wrapped things up by midnite. But I must thank them for talking about history (well that's about all they talk about at the ceramahs) for my PMR sitting daughter got a free history lesson tonite. But best of all, their ceramah put ABE to slumberland earlier than his usual zzzz time.

No comments: