Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Telekung of All Sorts...

When I was in Bandung a few weeks back, one of the places I went to was Pasar Baru. It is a shopping mall famous for Muslim clothes. One can find anything from telekung (ladies prayer clothes) to stuffs for hajj preparation. During my 1st Bandung trip, I got my telekungs for hajj in Pasar Baru. Nice pieces…with moderate amount of embroidery. It has never been my fancy anyway to have those heavily embroidered telekungs. No need to look like a mak datin ahh…

This piece will definately be a "head turner" if worn to the mosque ;-)

The telekungs are relatively cheaper than what one can find in KL. It’s like 1/3 of the price what is normally sold here. So…Pasar Baru is definitely the place to “borong” telekung. On my last Bandung trip, I got like 13 pieces of telekung!! Gosh...when ever would I have the time to wear all 13 of them?? No lah…they aren’t all mine. I had some friends placing orders for nice telekungs if ever I am in Bandung. Sampai 13 pasang??? Well, I just couldn’t decide coz they were all so, so pretty and cheap.

Woo...so, so blue ka?? And so penuh with sulam ;-)

There were many designs and types. You name it…they’ve got it. Nak yang macamane?? Organza, Japanese cotton, Kris Dayanti’s design, sulam penuh on cotton, on silk….Nah…all you need to do is have the money ready. I think between the five of us, who went on this Bandung trip, we got like more than 25 pieces of telekung all together. No wonder one envious lady at the hotel where we stayed, said this to us, “Banyak beli!!”. How could one resist…I know I can’t.

Now…I see a lot of these beautiful telekungs making their appearance during the taraweh prayers at the mosque. There are all sorts…and at times in between the prayers one can’t helping admiring the telekungs around. I wonder…hah…ni telekung dari Pasar Baru in Bandung ker??

Tak kisah lah...yang penting nyer the solat. If we can put on expensive silks to work, apalah salah nyer bila solat telekung pun cantik, clean and comfortable. At times…I can’t help chuckling to myself when I see those “lip-lap” pieces. Not me lah…plus don’t want to timbul “riak” with those “datiny” ones. And….most of all, don’t want to disturb the concentration of others’ solat…with the “lip lap” telekung :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so which telekung did you wear today ?

Japanese cotton ones... ?

kay_leeda said...

saving the japanese cotton for later Ramadan..InshaAllah.