Sunday, June 3, 2007

Vasculitis

Our ex-maid Yani came back to the house for a few days last week. Yani's new employer was away on holidays. My present maid, Bibik was overly excited coz she would now have an extra pair of hands to help her with the moving of things during this peak period of my house renovations.

For the first few days, Yani was ok. On the 3rd day my maid told me that Yani had an infection on the leg. When I got back from work, I asked Yani to show me what she has got and to my horror..there was a big patch of skin lesion on her leg.

We took her to the clinic that night. Doctor mentioned that she had vasculitis. According to the doctor, it's got something to do with the inflamation of the blood vassels due to poor immune system. Gosh...sounds pretty bad huh?? Anyway, doctor gave her some antibiotics and did a dressing to clean the ulser like lesions on her leg.

So...what is vasculitis anyway? I did a search on the Internet and found this tutorial site which explains vasculitis is layman's language.

Tutorial is found here...Vasculitis.

No comments: