Saturday, June 23, 2007

Reminisce the 80s

It's 7.00pm now...and I am taking a break from my serious writing. Have been cracking my head to write this curriculum stuff since 10.00 this morning!! It's driving me up the walls.

Thank God I discovered this online 80s radio station - WANX .107 The 80s Channel. It plays all hit songs of the 80s.

The 80s brings back lots of good ole memories of my college days at UW - Madison. The free and easy days when life was only about going to class and doing assignments. Well...of course there were the TGIF parties (which we'd rather pass and leave that to the Mat Sallehs to get intoxicated and behave foolishly afterwards).

We, Malaysians partied differently. We would go apartment hopping and ate Nasi Brayani and Laksa our seniors jamu us. Well, that was in the first semester as Freshman. And then later when our langkah was more panjang and we got cleaver at socializing ie. time for movies with the seniors guys or just lepaking at the Students Union eating ice-cream...or playing bowling 5 rounds until we had blisters ;-))

Now...back to this 80s radio station. Its playlist includes songs from:

a. Journey - Faithfully ......aahhhh...this was my roomate Liza's favourite band

b. Billy Ocean - Love Songs That Make You Cry ...the lyric of the song goes this way....there'll be love songs that make u cry. I remember Jupe & I played Billy Ocean's record non stop one night...one of our crazy days!!!!

c. Quaterflash - Harden My Heart...wanna harden my heart...gonna swallow my tears...haa...this song...I remember keeping it so close to me heart after I received a letter from "someone" back home saying that he had found "someone" else. Darnnnn...

d. Police - Message in the Bottle...really like the music of this song & other songs by Police.

e. Michael Jackson....who could forget the "Thriller" album which sold millions....everyone loved MJ those days & he was still the big nosed black guy then.

f. ABC - Look of Love....those nights when we potlucked at each others apartments, this song so frequently played on the radio station 98.5FM.
g. Phil Collins - One More Night...ahhh...this song...no need to cerita here lah...memories..memories.

h. and many, many more memorable songs

I guess....till something more interesting comes by, I shall continue reminiscing....

No comments: