Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Three Hours and Counting

It was a morning flight out of LCCT. Like usual, I would always have difficulties sleeping before my trips. The same happened to this one too. By the time I completed packing, it was almost 4am and airport pickup was at 6.30.

Fearing that I may not wake up later if I dozed off, I spent of my awake hours, rearranging the handbag section of my closet!! Quietly, I took each one out and reorganized the entire area. Perhaps I was nervous, or maybe I was too excited...I don't know.

Checking in at LCCT went smooth as I had done a web check in for everyone. We did the luggage drop off and went straight in the boarding gates.

Went through the airport security checks followed by a quick bite at one of the cafes in LCCT boarding area and not long after that came our boarding call.

I hit slumber even before take off and next thing I knew food was on its way down the aircraft aisle.


It was a longgggg flight - 14 hours from LCCT to Paris Orly. We left slightly after 9am on Thursday 17/3/2011.

These were my earlier accounts written onboard AAX flight D72014 LCCT - Orly.

Three Hours and Counting

This is our third hour onboard this flight to Paris. We still have a long way to go - like another 11 more in this just-about-my-size airplane seat.

Can't recall when I last took a long haul flight. Perhaps it was that trip to San Francisco couple of years back.

The question is now, other than sleep, how else could we entertain ourselves?


Nissa is now doing word search. Farah has drowned her system with music from the iPad. Abe is flicking through the pages of the itinerary I had drawn up. Fifteen pages long - complete with metro stop guides and street directions courtesy from Mr Google map.


These last two days I intensified my research on this trip - burning the midnight oil trying to understand the complexity of Paris metro and treading Tripadvisor hints on the dos and don'ts about this city. The result from this research we will know once we get on the ground.

I am just a bit disappointed, however as I didn't get to prepare much on the tech bit. Had wanted to transfer some movies from my external hard disk to the iPad. Unfortunately, I didn't get to. Else I'd be grinning watching Hantu Kak Limah 35,000 feet above sea level. That would be just great entertainment, wouldn't it? Cer citer cer citer...

The cabin lights are now dimmed. We have just had lunch and looks like it's snooze time coming right up. But how long can one doze off?

I remember my very first ride on an airplane. It was when I flew to the US to further my studies. The forever like journey was 14 hours long - from KL to London and then another 12 or so from London to Chicago. I was bored and I was restless. And I was so much missing a dear person in KL. During that flight I did nothing else but descriptively penned my journey. Not a single little info was left out. I wanted that dear person to share my experience during that important milestone in my life.

Looking back now, ohh how ancient ago that was. And how so naive I was too. Now seated in row 22 next to Nissa, what happened then never did have much significance.


This is my life now...and I am so blessed.

17th March 2011 at 1.00pm
Sent from my iPad

4 comments:

ummisara said...

tak sabar nih kak kay nak baca your entire travelog...

cer citer...cer citer :P

cepat tau!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Kay,
Boleh tak activate google translate on your blog? Nak baca ni in FRENCH!!!!! purrrr.....meow!

kay_leeda said...

Dear Edelweiss,

I try my best lorr. Takut tak larat nak baca je you all nanti.. :P

kay_leeda said...

Dear CatIS,

Cer cuba..cer cuba...boleh tak translate in French.

Je ne parle pas français *wink*