Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Five Hours to Paree

Rant # 1

There’s hardly any announcements via the cabin PA system on our whereabouts. I overheard the stewardess saying to a passenger that there's another four hours till we reach Orly.

Yes, that is how basic AA can go. Not a tweet about anything. Even the pilot's voice is not heard. Err...he did say a few words just after takeoff from LCCT. But that was like 8 hours ago! Urghhh...guess these cabin crew have adopted the "minimization approach" now that they hail from a low budget carrier. Drives you mad crazy, don’t they?

Just a bit of a wait till we get to see this Lady

And these sweets too.....

Are we heading for the right airport? (Of course we are lah kan, flight system now runs on auto - key in coordinates and in no time - 14 hours for us today, we'll arrive at our destination). How long more is the journey? For heaven's sake Mr Pilot or Ms Senior Stewardess could you please let us know whose air space are we flying above now!!! No news can at times be not good news! (Ignore me please…the hours in this confined space has obviously gotten to me and the iPad has become my poking pad.)

Rant # 2

Again this could be the result of my not so worldly travel insight. Unlike the other flights I have taken, the cabin crew would usually distribute the immigrations embarkation cards - you know those you need to fill out your travel details and pass them to the Immigrations check point at the airport later.

Well not in this flight. None distributed since we took off. So I asked one of these tight-fitted-slit-in-the-front cabin ladies. Her reply was, "oh you didn't get it ah just now?" and she gave me that puzzled look. I said NO. So she asked one of her colleagues to go get those cards for us. Told her I needed four and then she said to the colleague, "Get 5 just in case". I thanked her and she disappeared.

Not long after that the guy came back. He said this to me, "No need card. All done oral." Ayohhh...son, aunty here ah got problem when you put your message across like that one lah.... Aunty's imagination can go a wee bit too imaginative! You mean VERBAL, izzit?? Pergghhh...jiwa kacau Aunty when you like to abuse this "oral" thingy....err word, I mean.

Choice of words was one thing. Back to the immigration disembarkation card, now which is which? No card or yes card? Me no like surprises when me land later. And in French, a language me hardly speak??

Helppppp....!!!

Gotta just keep calm...

p/s Mr TF.....can we put some immediate attention on improving the communication skills of your ladies in red and guys in black? I can turn deaf ears on a two hour flight to Jakarta. But on a 14 hour flight??? Spoil Aunty's mood to be lomantik in Paree lorr!!


17th March 2011 at 11.30am Paris time
Sent from my iPad

1 comment: