Monday, October 22, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays

For folks who took off the whole of last week to cuti raya, today’s their 1st day back at work. The weather however, had other plans. It had this in store for most of us city folk drivers….RAIN and lots of it!!

The view out of my bedroom window was so dark and gloomy this morning. Two things played on my mind….should I venture the rain and be stucked in a traffic jam on the way to work …or should I wait and leave until the office rush is cleared. The wiser of me decided to pick the later.

So…I didn’t bother to leave home till it was almost 8.45am. Sent Nissa to school and pumped petrol into my car and then only headed to work. Pheww….what a breather…the road to work was OK. Heard on the radio that most roads into the city were jammed. A normal thing one would have to encounter when it rains in KL.

It’s back to reality I guess. After all the celebrations, all the ketupat lemang, it’s back to deadlines, submissions and meetings. It’s gonna be a long week this week.... that’s for sure :-((

Perhaps this song from the Carpenters best describes the feelings for today…

Hangin' around
Nothing to do but frown
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down

No comments: