Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rain More Rain

The sun shied itself today. All I am seeing is gloomy skies and I can almost bet that the sky is going to cry later, just like it did this morning. The pre-dawn downpour kept me indoors and caused me to miss my walk. And if it rains again at rush home later, I can almost anticipate the long queue and the tortoise speed crawl that awaits :(


The downpour this morning

Anyway, I kinda enjoy the cool weather. It makes walking to the lunch place next door more pleasant; such a contrast from those sweat drenched scorching hot days a couple weeks back. But yesterday, a few of us were left stranded after our hefty meal. It was pouring so, so hard and neither of us had cared to carry with us the brolly. So...lunch extended to coffee and cakes....as we prayed hard that none of the bosses noticed our temporary absence. But then, there is BBM & YM, avenues that they could reach us if they really, really need to.

And this gloomy outlook makes staying focused at work slightly more challenging.

Ahhh...time for a fresh cuppa now....before I slip into near slumber........

Sent via Kay's Berry

4 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Kay,
Who mentioned a cuppa? Hmmm....minum kopi O dengan ubi rebus + ikan kering sedap bila musim hujan ni....my Mama said that. purrrr....meow!

Wan Sharif said...

Mm.. Agreed with CiS, only Ayoh Wang do not like ikan kering.. I preferred kelapa yang diletak sedikit garam.. bertemankan ubi kayu rebus dan kopi O panas.. hari hari hujan (read rezeki melempah) pun terasa sangat indah..

kay_leeda said...

Dear CatIS,

Kopi O and ubi rebus? Ohh apakah itu?? He he he...Aunty cannot take ubi larr...angin nanti inside out *oopss ter-malu sat*

kay_leeda said...

Dear Ayoh Wang,

I must try this ubi thingy now that it is highly recommended by both you & CiS. But before I do that, I must keep my ubat angin by my side. Tak mo nanti hangin satu badan..he he.. ;)