Saturday, August 28, 2010

Selamat Jalan.....


They were travel mates; shared same rooms, sat next to each other during their trips, ate together and did a lot of other activities together. They taught in the same school till their last service day. She lost her husband during Haj and she lost her loved one a year later.

The two were my Mom and one of her best friends - Cikgu Rohaya as she was affectionately called by all of us.

I was just about to settle down at my work station last Thursday when Mom's call came in. She was calm when she informed me that Cikgu Rohaya had just left us. It was me who was all welled with tears. Mom asked if I could send her back to Seremban to ziarah. She was still at my sister's house and had no means of transport to travel back.

Texted my boss and told my staff that I needed to go and I'd be back by noon to review documents for meeting with client later that afternoon. I knew Mom wanted to say her final good bye to her dear friend.

So I did this dash - picked up Mom from my sister's place and drove back to Seremban. Went straight to arwah's house, joined the tahlil, sempat jumpa the family and by 10.45am we were on our way back to KL again. Though it was a brief one, I knew it meant a lot to Mom.


Together during their trip to Turkey

Arwah (far right) with Mom and friends experiencing winter in Tehran.

The last trip both Mom and arwah took was in March when they went for Umrah. Before that was to Shanghai and they had discussed plans to for their trip to NZ before the year ends. But Allah telah menentukan segala nya, begitu lah yang telah tertulis.

To arwah's family salam takziah from all of us. Al-fatehah.

2 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

MashaAllah...Aunty Kay, your mom's friend was indeed in her last journey. Semoga dipermudahkan di sana... al-fatehah. purrrr....meow!

kay_leeda said...

Dear CatIS,

Indeed she was. We pray for the best buat arwah...InshaAllah.