Saturday, December 15, 2007

Day 4 - Morning Travel Shenzhen to Hong Kong

Sunday 9 December 2007

Today would be our last day in Shenzhen. We would be going back to Hong Kong later. But 1st order of the day was as usual, breakfast. Breakfast was at the same restaurant as we did yesterday morning. When we got to the restaurant, the place was full with Malaysians or Melayu to be more accurate. Hummm......guess for Muslim tours, this restaurant has been "pajak" to serve the Muslim tourist especially the ones from Malaysia.

Hot buns sold at restaurant where we had breakfast

After breakfast, we went back to our hotel to collect our bags and checked out after that. This morning we would be taking a coach back to Hong Kong since we would be joining other Malaysians tour groups.

When we got onto the bus, it had already picked up the others. Alamak....ah sohs (aunties) and their loh kongs (husband in Cantonese) and families. Ni yang tak best ni...sikit kurenggggg with these people. Bukan sebab apa-apa....just that they were pretty "loud", if one knew what that meant. We were no racist but excuse me, could we travel in peace please? No choice...tak pe lah...I said to myself.

ABE and kids queuing outside Shenzhen Immigrations

We were then taken to the Chinese Immigrations Complex for clearance. Again we queued as how we did when we entered China that day. Unfortunately, Lychee couldn't follow us back to Hong Kong. She assisted us at the Immigrations and then told us that we would be joining the other group and their guide would be of our assistance.

Muni and kids also in queue at Shenzhen Immigrations

MINAH Comboy's hairdo...but it wasn't any close to this

The OTHER tour guide...ummm....I must talk about this woman (too bad I didn't manage to get her picture). My first impression of her was, cowboy mana plak terlepas ni???? There she was, in jeans and boots (I guess boots were just so in fashion in Shenzhen...so she decided to have em on her...ha...ha) and some "scissors cut" t-shirt (haiya...dunno how to describe lah....but it looked so, so trashy....me wouldn't want to be caught dead in somethin' like that!!!) And the most striking thing about her was her hair. It was a tak menjadi Vic Beckham's hair do and it was dyed BLUE!!!! That's it....CONFIRM mai tang "bukit" mana la ni.... Anyway, I decided to call her MINAH Cowboy.

I cleared Immigrations pretty fast. The rest in my group were still in the queue. MINAH Cowboy and some of the people in her group had also cleared Immigrations. So when I saw her waiting in some corner, I asked her, "Do we follow you?" And she gave me one very "kurang ajar" (rude) reply. Almost screaming she said , "UP TO YOU!!!"

Eh..hello....MINAH...cakap baik-baik boleh tak??? By then, I could feel "panas" on my face and that was it...I told myself, this MINAH was just asking for trouble. Jaga kau!!!

So I yelled back at her..."Excuse me....helllooooo........what do you mean by UP TO YOU!!!" And I gave her my most "dirty" look. She walked away with her people and I stayed put, waiting for the rest.

Then on the bus, she was talking loudly in Cantonese. By then, I had declared WAR with MINAH Cowboy. Then suddenly the bus jerked and wanted to leave and some of the people in my group were not yet on the bus. I said to her.."Hey!!! There are still people who are not on the bus yet!!" She then replied, "Kita nak reverse bus saja." I replied back..."Lain kali cakap what you want to do can ah??"

By now, she knew that I was no one she could fool and mess around with. I was so upset with her, when I went up the bus, I physically bushed her off with my backpack. Ha..hah...now you see sapa yang cowboy...me or you!!!

That was a good 1 hour of tensed situation. My kids didn't say a word coz' they knew, you mess with Mom, woman...you've had it. She fights back. You'll be lucky if she didn't bite...hah..haha.

View of ships on the way to Disneyland

Alhamdullilah, things went OK after that. MINAH Cowboy saw that we were no "lekeh" (in Neghori dialect, it meant "ordinary") people whom she could treat like dirt. So she went over to ABE and Muni's husband, Dolah and explained how to go about in Disneyland later.

I eavesdropped on what she was saying. OK lah...good enough info for us to go into Disneyland. It's just going into Disneyland, not rocket science mahhh. I was sure there were signages in English and surely folks in park speak English as well. After all, this is a Walt Disney park, ain't it?

After about 1 1/2 hour ride in the bus, we were finally in DISNEYLAND!!! The bus dropped us at the coach parking area. After organizing ourselves and our things, we were all ready to see Mickey and gang.

So, Disneyland here we come.

1 comment:

neesa said...

ahah!she's one rude lady..that minah cowboy is so rude.