Thursday, November 29, 2007

Annual Season of Hajj

I just remember that a friend will be leaving for Hajj in a few days time. Being away from my homebase these past few days, sort of disoriented me a little.

Every Muslim who is financially able to do so is obliged to make the pilgrimage to Mecca during Hajj at least once in his or her lifetime.

It seems just like yesterday, I was like my friend, busy making my final preparations for my Hajj journey. This time two years back, Mom, Abe and I were already in Madinah and getting ourselves ready for this journey of a lifetime. And these were the very words we and the multitudes of Muslim from all over the world chanted:

Labbaik Allah humma labbaik... Labbaik la sharika laka labbaik... Innal hamda...Wan-ni'mata Laka walmulk... Laa sharika lak.

O my Lord, here I am at Your service, here I am.

There is no partner with You,here I am.

Truly the praiseand the provisions are Yours,

and so is the dominion and sovereignty.

There is no partner with You.

Two hajj seasons had passed since we left the holy city Makkah. Time just flies by.....

Tonite, I must call my friend to wish her a safe journey and Hajj Mabrur, InshaAllah.

No comments: