Monday, December 18, 2006

Much A Do About Il Divo


There has been so much buzz about this group IL DIVO. News has it that they will be coming to town and will be performing in Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC) on January 16, 2007. So…what is it about this group that got their fans all so crazy about them?

Well… to begin with..you tell me! I was inquisitively introduced to this group when a friend sent a note asking about its concert here in KL. Then there was another friend who asked if I would like to go see the concert. Huh…IL DIVO? Concert? What’s going on? I’ve never heard of this group before and the best part was when I asked my husband he said…well these guys sing the opera. Huh??

I guess I have been really out of date with current developments in the musical industry. Well…never have followed it closely..other than what’s new been playing on the radio. Of course, I know the songs of Beyonce, Nelly Furtado, Pussycat Dolls etc. But IL DIVO..hum…never heard of them before. So...that got me into my search about this group.

Thanks to the Internet I managed to find what I needed to know about IL DIVO.

My search led me to discover this. IL DIVO is a musical group that has sold millions of records, that fills arenas with legions of frighteningly devoted female fans.

IL DIVO are American tenor David Miller, Swiss tenor Urs Buhler, a French pop singer named Sebastien Izambard, and Spanish baritone Carlos Marin. According to Wikipedia IL DIVO is Italian for “divine male performer”.

I then got myself to listen to their song that is getting the most publicity "Regresa A Mi," the Spanish version of Toni Braxton's "Unbreak My Heart”.

Upon listening to it..this is what I have to say. Boy… these guys are good!! I am no music teacher. I don't know who's the baritone, or who's the tenor, I don't often listen to opera. But I do know this....IL DIVO is an absolute pleasure to listen to!

Having heard what these guys are capable of, I went to check out their up coming concert in KL. Fuhhh…what do you know!!! The tickets are priced at RM1500, 1000, 803 and the cheapest is RM503. Man…that’s going to burn a big hole in my purse ..if I really decide to go watch them in action. I still have a couple more days to think about it. Who knows…"Santa” (not that I believe in one…) may just place one ticket under my pillow. Perhaps it also doesn’t hurt to ask my little girl’s tooth fairy to give me a ticket in exchange with my the tooth the she’s taken away from my daughter…heh..heh!!

Dream on…dream on and I… shall continue to wish and wait.

No comments: