Saturday, January 13, 2007

Price for Development

The last two weeks have been extremely busy. With the start of the new year, work began to accumulate as well. There was hardly much time to spend updating this blog. I have some pressing matters I would like to share in the blog. However, work took the most priority.

Going to work was a challenge too. The early morning rush made lots of the roads going into the city packed with cars. 1st January 2007 also saw the increase of toll rates of a few main highways in the Klang Valley. I used to pay RM2.00 per trip to work. Now I have to pay 70 cents more for the same route I took before.

And because of this too, many drivers are looking for alternative routes to avoid paying the toll. Due to the increase in volume of cars, the drive has become slower. It used to take me about 30 minutes to drive to work. It takes a longer time to reach the office now. It can be worst at times if there are accidents happening during the morning rush hours. Last week alone I was stuck a few times in such long traffic crawls due to accidents.

I guess this is the price we all pay for DEVELOPMENT.

No comments: