Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Corat Coret Nak Raya

Some people are saying that Raya will fall on Thursday. Ohhh...no!!! How?? Bila nak start cooking ni?? Panic...panic...panic!!!


Kalau betul lah Raya falls on Thursday, looks like I'll be heading back tomorrow night sans rendang and the other juadah raya I planned to cook. Switch to plan B - pack and head back to Seremban and cook at Mom's place instead. And that would certainly upset some of our Raya plans. But tak kisah lah....Thursday or Friday, celebrate Raya we will for sure.

Faris came home last night and hardly three hours at home Mommy has started giving him list of things to do. He must be still wondering with disbelieve the amount of running around he has to do in the next 36 hours. At the rate I am going, I'm going to need all the extra pairs of hands. And the kids know never to cross my path during these busy times. Pitty them juga, kena kerahan paksa. But no chipping-in no makan nice food yar.....


Ahhh talk about nice food. Last night I became rather adventurous and got my baking stuffs out. My experiment this time was kueh Samprit as per the recipe provided by Lyana in FB. It was the pictures of those flower like cookies Lyana posted on FB that motivated me to get started. I must say the end result was very rewarding. The samprits turned out really, really "samprity" (if there is such a word...). They are so lemak and had such fine texture. The moment you put it in your mouth, it melts!!! Dah lama tak makan samprit such as these. Anyway, I gotta improve a bit more on its appearance. These first badge had the 3G look - gebu, gumuk and geram-milicious. If I baked another round, I must try make it more lady like (just like Lyana's...cantik je samprit dia, ayu macam dia jugak) Last I checked, only a few pieces left; the guys sat and popped samprits after returning from Terawikh a while ago. Sah kena buat second batch ni.

I also saw the maruku made by Naz and ada juga cita-cita nak try buat. But looking at the many ambitious things that I want to accomplish before Raya, I think I'd best try save maruku for some other time (emmppp...Raya haji maybe)

Yahhhh....my hour count down to raya has started. It's time to bersilat and sweat in the kitchen!!! Haaa...baru lah dah terasa nak Raya kan :)

10 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

(*hyperventilate* setelah seharian membanting tulang mengejar ayam ayam yang bakal ditukar menjadi rendang Raya...)

Selamat Hari Raya, Kay.
Maaf Zahir Batin ...

eh! ni tissue AA siapa ni?????

Pi Bani said...

I doubt very much Raya will fall on Thursday lah, sedangkan many countries start puasa lambat sehari dari kita... so depa Thursday baru nak tengok anak bulan.

Zendra-Maria said...

Way to go, Kay! My kueh raya semua dah siap beli... tunggu masuk dalam bekas dainty jer hehehe

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Kay,
Not to mention ada pulak geng 4-kaki yang sokmo berlegar in between your feet whenever you move around....hahahaha....in this household, we keep hearing, Angelina, turun!!! Brad, shut up!!!...stresss... But we know something good will come out of the kitchen. Salivating now....yummm....purr....meow!

EID MIBARAK to you and yours!

XOXO
Angelina, Brad, Mama & Dad

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

Salam raya Kay,

I pray that Raya will fall on Friday. Kalau it's tomorrow, my hubby tak sempat sampai on the morning of raya. Oh..sedihnya.

Selamat Hari Raya to you and yours. Maaf Zahir Batin.

kay_leeda said...

Dear Naz,

Huh...that obvious ya...tissue tinggal rata *wink*

Kejar jgn tak kejar ayam tu Naz. Selamat Hari Raya to you too. Maaf Zahir Batin and have a blessed Eid.

kay_leeda said...

Pi Bani...fuhhh lega kan. Esok kita ke dapur!! Heee harrrr...

kay_leeda said...

Dear Zen,

I hv some "tunjuk" ones too. Just that I was extra teruja when looking at pictures of cookies Lyana posted on FB.

kay_leeda said...

Dear CatIS,

Yesss my furry ones are all over the house now. Everytime I return from the market, they are the first ones to greet me.

I think they are discussing among themselves what's cooking tomorrow. I can hear them now...heh heh.

Salam Lebaran to you and yr Mama & the rest of the gang..meow...meow... :)

kay_leeda said...

Dear MadamTTNM,

Yesss....we got our wish, Raya is on Friday and MrS will make it home before Raya. So happy for u :)

You have a blessed Eid too and enjoy the time with family and friends.