Thursday, May 5, 2011

AMoT Launch

Once upon time not that long ago, while doing a research on Terengganu, Google brought me to a blog called “Kecek-Kecek”. I scanned through the writings in Kecek-Kecek and book-marked it for easy access later. The blog world was still so foreign to me then.

I continued being a silent reader, never dared leaving any cyber foot prints due to my limited knowledge on the subject matter itself. But I continued to follow postings of blog. Later when I started Sembang, “Kecek-Kecek” was permanently linked in my blog.

So that was how it started, my trailing of Awang Goneng - the blog owner and writer of Kecek-Kecek.

When I received the invite from Kak Teh (the very beautiful wife of Wan Ahmad Hulaimi aka Awang Goneng) to the launch of A Map of Terengganu AMoT, I was elated. AMoT is AG’s latest book after his brilliant success on Growing Up in Terengganu GUiT.

The event was held at RA Fine Arts Gallery in Solaris Dutamas (yes….like many others we got lost too!) last Sunday. It was a wonderful do – a delightful event attended by so many who’s who in the industry.

AG reading a short chapter from AMoT

Moi with Andre Goh!! He mentioned that he was the Bakat TV Champion in 1972. I told him I was only 8 then....


The man needs no introduction. Dato Jimmy Choo was at the AMoT launch too.

Book signing by AG


Congratulations to AG :)) and Kak Teh and all the great people of AMoT

Sent via Kay's Berry

4 comments:

ummisara said...

wahhhhhhhhhhhh bestnya kak kay!!!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Kay,
Ehem...tak kecek kasut sepasang dua from Uncle Jimmy? purrr....meow!

kay_leeda said...

Dear Edelweiss,

Memang besttttttt :))

kay_leeda said...

Dear CatIS,

Dato kata...kasut i dah banyak. Roboh lemari nanti...ahakkksss :P